Developing a Personal Relationship with God
We should set aside time each day to focus on God. It doesn’t matter when you spend time with Him, as long as you do it regularly. When we spend time with God, we take time to Pray (talk to God) about what is going on in our lives and listen for his answers. Often those answers come from the Bible.
The Bible is the inspired, inerrant and authoritative truth and Word of God for Christian faith and living. We should find a good church that teaches the Bible. As Christians, we should read the Bible ourselves. The Bible contains everything we need to live a successful Christian life. It gives us God’s guidance to make wise decisions, how to know God’s will, how to minister to others and how to grow spiritually. We believe Christians should regularly take time to read the Bible to learn how God wants us to live. If you are new to the Bible, we recommend starting out in the book of John.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit and God’s plan for discipleship as demonstrated in Acts 8:14-17; 19:1-6. As believers, God has the gift of the Holy Spirit who has been sent to baptize us with power and we should be decisively open to the Holy Spirit’s fullness and fruit.
- We acknowledge the distinct and ongoing gifts of ministry as given by the Holy Spirit and we instruct in how to minister in His power for Christ’s glory (1 Corinthians 12-14).
- We believe in and exercise faith-filled prayer, intercession and spiritual warfare with Holy Spirit enabled power and discernment as in Ephesians 6:10-20 and 1 Timothy 2:1-6.
- We believe that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is God’s power unto salvation for all, resulting in works of compassion, justice and human aid (Matthew 5:13-16).
- We place high value on the sanctity of human life, of biblical marriage and morality, and we welcome ethnic diversity (Isaiah 56:7; Philippians 2:15-16).
- We accept the timeless purpose of God through his ancient people Israel, and reject anti-Semitism and all ethnic discrimination (Romans 11:11-27; Acts 17:26).