God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are coequal and are one God.
People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character and we are the supreme object of God’s creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin.” God desires to have a relationship with all people. After all, he created all of us. Here are the key points to salvation:
- All of us are sinners in need of a Savior (Rom. 3:23)
- Because of our sin, we deserve to be punished with eternal separation from God (Rom. 6:23)
- Jesus Christ is the one true Savior, who died on the cross to pay the penalty of our sins and His resurrection proved that Jesus’ death was sufficient to pay for our sins (Rom. 5:8; 2 Cor. 5:21).
- God grants forgiveness and salvation to all who place their faith and trust in Him. By accepting his death in exchange for our sin and judgement, we can by faith, receive grace to walk in forgiveness and to transform our lives. Salvation is God’s free gift to us but we must accept it!
- We can never “make up” for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness for our sins, can we be saved from sin’s penalty. That is the good news. Jesus paid the price for our sin and rebellion, we must believe by faith that we are accepted to God and forgiven through Jesus Christ. (Rom. 5:1, Rom. 8:1, Rom 8:38-39, John 3:16, Matt, 28:20, John 10:28-29)
Sin separates us from God and causes many problems in our life. Each one of us was created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life in heaven. Heaven and hell are real places of eternal existence.